The Sequoia Stamp Club is a place to learn, share and get encouragement from others who love stamp collecting. Our philatelic interests are what draw us to our club meetings. Some of us collect U.S. stamps, others worldwide and some cannot make up their mind and collect everything. We also have others who do not even collect postage stamps but revenue or Cinderella stamps.
Becoming A Member
Only $3 a year to join!!!
If you would like to become SSC members, please print and complete the attached Membership Application Form. You can bring the form to an SSC meeting or mail it to SSC Membership, P.O. Box 235, San Carlos, CA 94070 with your dues. Make checks payable to Sequoia Stamp Club.
We welcome guests to all our meetings. Check out the calendar for a complete list of upcoming events. Hope to see you soon.
Membership dues are $3 per year with a $1 initiation fee for new members.
The gives details about each of the following offerings:
- Auctions: Download the Bid_Sheet). We have auctions approximately every 4th meeting.
- Members can place stamps or related items on sale in the auctions with no minimum bid (except face value.)
- All members can bid on auction items.
- Each seller can place one bid on their item if they feel that the item is selling below its value.
- If their bid remains the highest, they will receive the item back at no charge.
- If the item sells the club receives 10% of the sale price.
- Silent Auctions: Member items are placed on sale in the back of the room at every meeting where there is not an auction. Members can place bids on the bid sheet with their member number. The silent auction closes approximately 5 minutes after that day’s program. The person with the last bid gets the item. Members can place stamps or related items on sale in the silent auctions with a minimum bid. If the item sells the club receives 10% of the sale price.
- Kiloware Sales: The club purchases stamps on paper or collections from stamp organizations. The stamps are then offered to the club members for sale.
- Circuit Books: Circuit books contain stamps for sale that are assembled by club members. Books can be checked out at every meeting from Jim Mosso.
- Member Raffle: At every meeting member’s names are drawn to receive a $10 or $5 voucher that can be used toward the purchase of stamps from the club circuit books. Members must be present to win.
- Reference Material: Current Scott catalogs, other clubs’ newsletters, and reference material can be signed out at every meeting from Eduardo Martino.
- Members are always happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Newsletter: The Sequoia Chatter is published and mailed to members every quarter.
- PENPEX Stamp Show: The Sequoia Stamp Club helps organize and run the annual free PENPEX Stamp Show which is held the first weekend in December at the Redwood City Community Activities Building.
- Summer Picnic: On a sunny summer weekend, a member and family social potluck picnic is held.
The Sequoia Stamp Club meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month, except for the 4th Tuesday in December.
Doors open at 7:00 p.m.
- 7:00 PM Enter and Lots for Silent Auction
- 7:30 PM Introductions and Business Meeting
- 8:00 PM Program
- 8:45 PM-Close Silent Auction
- 9:00 PM Adjourn
- 9:30 PM Building Must Be Vacated
Meetings are held at the
Redwood City Community Activities Building
1400 Roosevelt Ave.
Redwood City, California 94061
View Google Larger Map
There is no charge to attend meetings and refreshments are served.
Sequoia Stamp Club
P.O. Box 235
San Carlos, CA 94070
Email contact: email@example.com
Current Club Officers
2019 Governing Board
President: Jim Southward
Vice Pres.: Patrick Ford
Secretary: John Corwin
Treasurer: Jay Strauss
Committee Members for 2020
- APS representative: Chris Palermo
- Auditor: Kjell Enander
- Council of Northern California Philatelic Society (CNCPS) rep: Kristin Patterson
- Historian/Archives: Kristin Patterson
- Librarian: Eduardo Martino
- Live auction committee: Jim Giacomazzi and Wally Jolliff (auctioneers), John Corwin and Eduardo Martino.
- Membership: Kristin Patterson
- Nominating committee: Craig Butterworth, Jim Giacomazzi, and Kristin Patterson
- PENPEX 2020 Board: Chair Kristin Patterson, VC Craig Butterworth, Sec. David Abrahams, Treasurer Eduardo Martino, and Directors: John Corwin, Kjell Enander, Jim Giacomazzi, and Jim Mosso
- Photographer: Ken Perkins
- Programs: Patrick Ford
- Public relations: Jim Giacomazzi
- Refreshments: Jim Southward
- Sales circuits: Jim Mosso
- Sales manager/Donations: Jim Giacomazzi
- Silent auction committee: Craig Butterworth, Eduardo Martino, and Jay Strauss.
- Stamp Chatter newsletter: John Corwin and staff writer: Marsha Brandsdorfer.
- Sunshine: Miriam Thurston
- Yearbook: Kristin Patterson
- Youth Committee: Open.
- Website: Kristin Patterson