The 42nd Peninsula Philatelic Exhibition (PENPEX) held at the Redwood City Community Activities Building, 1400 Roosevelt Avenue is only a month away – December 5th and 6th. We are happy to continue to offer our friendly, free show with a variety of dealers, exhibits, awards banquet, meetings, silent auction, show souvenirs, and youth activities.
There will be plenty of things to do:
- This year PENPEX has two show cachets and cancels. On Saturday, the Elvis Forever stamp with Elvis Presley cachet design can be canceled with a PENPEX Rock & Roll cancel. On Sunday, a Charlie Brown cachet with matching stamps and a Charlie Brown cancel is available. Current and past cachets are also for sale at Table #16.
- There are 17 dealers including the United States Postal Service.
- The exhibit area has 66 frames of new material. A professional panel of judges will award ribbons and prizes at the Awards Banquet on Saturday evening at Harry’s Hofbrau.
- A Silent Auction will be open for viewing throughout the show. It will end promptly at 2:30 pm on Sunday. High bidders may collect their items at 3:45 pm.
Check the schedule for group meetings that may be of interest to you. They are all open to the public.
- Hey Kids!!! There is plenty for you to do. Make sure to visit the Youth Area at the far West end of the building for free stamps to all young collectors.
- Enjoy the food, refreshments, and beverages with fellow collectors. The snack bar is open Sat. 10 – 3 pm and Sun. 10 – 2 pm.
We hope you have this great event on your calendar and we look forward to seeing you there.