PENPEX is just around the corner on Dec. 6 and 7. We are still looking for multi-frame exhibits from 2 to 8 frames. PPX encourages both beginning and returning exhibitors to enter. Download the forms from the Exhibit Entry Form page. The entry fee is FREE but there is limited space so make sure to contact Exhibits Chair Vesma Grinfelds by October 15.
There will also be an Awards Banquet which you can attend for $20. To reserve a ticket, please visit Awards Banquet page. The event runs from 5:30 to 8:30 pm and includes appetizer, entree, dessert, and a short awards ceremony. A great social event, so reserve a ticket today.
Included in this monthly PENPEX eBlast are the upcoming Sequoia Stamp Club activities and bay area stamp shows. Guests are always welcome. Below is the 2014 schedule at a glimpse, covering the next two months:
- Oct 3-5: WINEPEX. Marin Civic Center, San Rafael.
- Oct 11-12:
Silicon Valley Stamp Expo, San Jose Elks Lodge, 444 Alma Ave.**CANCELED**
- Oct 14 – Governing Board mtg – 6 pm. (open to the public)
“Cover Contest” Bring your smallest, largest, oldest, furthest traveled cover, and other covers. It could win you a prize. Silent auction.
- Oct 25-26: East Bay Collectors Club. Walnut Creek Civic Center.
- Oct 28 – Nomination of 2015 Officers. Members Live Auction.
- Nov 1-2: SACAPEX.Scottish Rite Masonic Center, Sacramento.
- Nov 11 – Pizza Party 5:00 pm at Mountain Mike’s Pizza, 120 El Camino Real, Redwood City. (In place of normal meeting.)
- Nov 14-16: Filatelic Fiesta. Gateway Hall, Santa Clara County Fair Grounds.
- Nov 25 – Election of 2015 Officers. The Penny Postal: Gone But Still Collectible (video). Silent auction.
- Dec 6-7: PENPEX, Community Activities Building, Redwood City. Show opens at 10:00 am both days.
Have a great fall.