An indispensable guide for U.S. Collectors is the Postal Service Guide to U.S. Stamps, now in its 40th Edition. It is printed in an easy-to-use, oversize format which is easy to keep open while doing research and browsing stamps.
The only fully illustrated, four-color guide to U.S. stamps, this official publication provides the most comprehensive information available about the U.S. stamp program. Beginning with the first stamps issued in 1847, the Guide covers more than 4,000 stamps issued up to the present, and also includes:
- An updated Stamp Series section that lists the stamps issued in each series, such as Lighthouses, Black Heritage, and America on the Move
- Every category of U.S. stamp – definitive, commemorative, airmail, duck stamps, stamped envelopes, and more – all organized into easy-to-use, color-coded sections for quick access
- Detailed listings for each stamp, with color illustrations, Scott catalog numbers, dates of issue, used and unused prices, quantities issued (when known), and separate listings for design variations
- – Advice on how to start your own stamp collection
- – A resource section, a glossary of important terms, and much more!
USPS.com for more details – updated annually.