As I have mentioned in the past, PENPEX’s success is due to its great volunteers, experienced dealers, willing exhibitors, and enthusiastic attendees. Without any of these, the show would be lacking some of its fun. All shows are looking for more of all these people. If you are interested in volunteering at PENPEX, there is room for everyone. We are always looking for people to help before, during, and after the show. If you can write, organize, plan things, and enjoy being with stamp collectors, then we have a task for you. Please contact Kristin for more details at PenpexRedwoodCity@yahoo.com.
PENPEX is holding its 2013 Wrap-up meeting and Appreciation Brunch on February 1 @ 10 am at Sizzler, 1011 Veterans Blvd., Redwood City. All PENPEX volunteers are invited to attend. If you have not already RSVPed, please do so immediately to Kristin Patterson, 408-267-6643.
Included in this monthly PENPEX eBlast are the upcoming Sequoia Stamp Club activities and bay area stamp shows. 2014 schedule glimpse covering the next two months.
- Feb 1 – PENPEX Wrap-up and Volunteer Appreciation Brunch. 10:00 am at Sizzlers, 1011 Veterans Blvd, Redwood City. (Date Change)
- Feb 11 – State Narcotics Stamps by Craig Butterworth. Silent auction.
- Feb 18 – Stamps R Us Youth Group Work Session (noon to 4 pm)
- Feb 25 – Members Live Auction.
- Mar 11 – The Story of the Penny Black (video). Silent auction.
- Mar 25 – Mystery Box by Miriam Thurston. Silent auction.
Kristin Patterson, PENPEX Chair