Happy New Year. PENPEX 2013 was a great success. The show had 18 dealers including the U.S.P.S. which last minute decided to attend both Saturday and Sunday. Again, the free stamp show had 68 frames of exhibits, a 540-lot silent auction, a youth activity area, and a full service snackbar. If you missed out on getting PENPEX 2013 show cachets, there are still a few available for $2 each. We also have some past show cachet for sale. www.penpex.org/past-shows/stamp-cachets.
The show may have been only 2 days, but setup began on Friday at 1 pm. Because of the great volunteers under the direction of Eduardo Martino, they had everything set up by 4 pm. On Saturday, Brian Jones had a packed house of Boy Scouts for the Stamp Collecting Merit Workshop. The youth are was busy both days with youngsters and cub scouts and their families. On Saturday night, the Awards Banquet was held at Harry’s Hofbrau. Check out the slideshow of these events that display photos that were taken by Ken Perkins, www.penpex.org/2013/12/17/penpex-2013-photo-slideshow. Make sure to mark your calendar for PENPEX 2014 on December 6 and 7.
Included in this monthly PENPEX eBlast are the upcoming Sequoia Stamp Club activities and bay area stamp shows. 2014 schedule glimpse covering the next two months:
- Jan 4-5: Vintage Paper Fair, Golden Gate Park, Hall of Flowers, San Francisco.
- Jan 11-12: Stamp Expo, Napredak Hall, San Jose.
- Jan 14 – Inauguration of SSC Officers. Short presentations by past SSC Presidents.
- Jan 21 – SSC Board Meeting, 7 pm.
- Jan 24-26: Coin, Stamp and Collectibles Show, Double Tree Hotel, 2050 Gateway Pl, San Jose.
- Jan. 28 – Anonymous Donation Live Auction.
- Feb 11 – Presentation TBA. Silent auction.
- Feb 25 – Members’ Live Auction.
We look forward to great stamp finds in 2014.
Kristin Patterson, PENPEX Chair, email@example.com