Peninsula Philatelic Exhibition (PENPEX) held at the Redwood City Community Activities Building, 1400 Roosevelt Avenue. PENPEX has been held at the CAB annually since 1983. Also, PENPEX-PIPEX was held here from 1975 to 1978. We are happy to continue to offer our friendly, free show with a variety of dealers, exhibits, awards banquet, meetings, silent auction, souvenirs, and youth activities including a Boy Scout Stamp Collecting Merit Badge Workshop.
There are plenty of things to do:
- This year PENPEX has two show cachets and cancels. On Saturday, the Folk Art Eagle stamped envelope with Forever PENPEX cachet design can be canceled with the Forever PENPEX cancel. On Sunday, a Gingerbread cachet with matching stamp and cancel is available. Current and past cachets are for sale at Table #16.
- There are 18 dealers including the United States Postal Service.
- The exhibit area has 64 frames of exquisite material including 2 frames of Sequoia Stamp Club members’ 1-page exhibits. A professional panel of judges will award ribbons and prizes at the Awards Banquet on Saturday evening at Harry’s Hofbrau.
- A Silent Auction will be open for viewing throughout the show. It will end promptly at 2:30 pm on Sunday. High bidders may collect their items at 3:45 pm.
- Enjoy the food, refreshments, and beverages with fellow collectors. The snack bar is open Sat. 10 – 3pm and Sun. 10 – 2pm.
- Check the schedule for group meetings that may be of interest to you. They are all
- Hey Kids!!! There is plenty for you to do. Make sure to visit the Youth Area at the far West end of the building for free stamps to all young collectors.
On behalf of the Sequoia Stamp Club volunteers and the Redwood City Community Activities Building, we thank you for attending our show, sharing your camaraderie, and furthering the hobby of stamp collecting.
Kristin Patterson, PENPEX Chair
Craig Butterworth, Vice-Chair
Darlene Hickok, Secretary
Eduardo Martino, Treasurer