I speak a lot about the local show, PENPEX, but what is on my mind now is the APS StampShow on August 8-11. The show will be held in Milwaukee which happens to be where I grew up. So I look forward to a great show but also seeing family and friends. If you are at the show, look me up and I can tell you where to get the best frozen custard.
Back to PENPEX, we have 15 committed dealers plus the USPS. The current dealer list is now available. We have two new dealers; Stephen Pattillo and Dave Zabaldano. There will also be a silent auction with over 500 lots. PENPEX show cachets will be for sale along with some past cachets.
Included in this monthly news eBlast are the upcoming Sequoia Stamp Club activities and area stamp shows. 2013 schedule glimpse covers the next two months:
- Aug 13. – Swap Meet.
- Aug 20 – 5:00 pm: Annual SSC picnic at the CAB
- Aug 27 – TBD [6:00 pm Governing Board Meeting, open to all members.]
- Aug 31-Sep 1: Great America Stamp Show, Napredak Hall, San Jose
- Sep 10. – Live auction (Anonymous Donation)
- Sep 24. – Panel: Benefits of membership in Sequoia Stamp Club. Ebay: Buying and Selling. Current market trends by Mike Donofrio.
Have a wonderful summer.
Kristin Patterson, PENPEX Chair, email@example.com