PENPEX 2013 is now just five months away. We have gotten commitments from most of our 17 dealers and will have their information posted shortly on the website. PENPEX is a 2-day show with lots to do while you are there. We have 64 frames of exhibits to look enjoy, 17 dealers along with the USPS will be available on Saturday, a 500-lot silent auction, a youth activity area and a full service snackbar. PENPEX will also have two show cachets available for purchase at the show. We look forward to seeing you there.
The Sequoia Stamp Club offers much for local collectors from auctions, presentations, local news, and question answering opportunities. A new Elementary Stamp Series is being offered four times a year at 6:30 pm in the conference room of the CAB. The first session was held January 22 before the regular SSC meeting. Kristin talked about How to Be a Satisfied Stamp Collector. It was attended by a dozen people who were both new to the hobby and have been collecting for decades. They all enjoyed it.
On March 26, before that regular SSC meeting, Kristin presented this time on How to Use Scott Specialized Catalogue. The catalogue has so much information about U.S. stamps that I am sure the fourteen people in attendance learned something new.
The next Elementary Stamp Series will be held Tuesday, July 9. Jim Sauer will discuss “What to do with Used Self-Adhesive Stamps.” These self-adhesive stamps make franking a letter easy, but have many challenges when putting them into your album.
Included in this monthly news eBlast are the upcoming Sequoia Stamp Club activities and area stamp shows.
2013 schedule glimpse covering the next two months:
- Jul 9 – What to do with Used Self-Adhesive Stamps – Jim Sauer (6:30 pm).
- Jul 9 – Live auction by members.
- Jul 12-14: Northern CA Postage Stamp Show, Westin Hotel, Millbrae.
- Jul 23 – Philatelic Quiz by Wally Jolliff and Ken Lewetzow
- Aug 13. – Live auction of members’ lots. Wally Joliff.
- Aug 20 – 5:00 pm: Annual SSC picnic at the CAB
- Aug 27 – Swap Meet. [6:00 pm Governing Board Meeting, open to all members.]
- Aug 31-Sep 1: Great America Stamp Show, Napredak Hall, San Jose
Have a great summer.
Kristin Patterson, PENPEX Chair, email@example.com