Happy Easter: We hope that everyone is enjoying the holiday with family and friends.
PENPEX is run by Sequoia Stamp Club members. The club offers much for local collectors from auctions, presentations, local news, and question answering opportunities. A new Elementary Stamp Series is being offered four times a year at 6:30 pm in the conference room of the CAB. The Series is offered immediately proceeding a regular SSC meeting.
The first session was held January 22 where Kristin talked about How to Be a Satisfied Stamp Collector. It was attended by a dozen people who were both new to the hobby and have been collecting for decades. They all enjoyed it.
On March 26, Kristin presented this time on How to Use Scott Specialized Catalogue. The catalogue has so much information about U.S. stamps that I am sure the fourteen people in attendance learned something new.
The next Elementary Stamp Series will be held Tuesday, July 9. Jim Sauer will discuss “What to do with Used Self-Adhesive Stamps.” These self-adhesive stamps make franking a letter easy, but have many challenges when putting them into your album.
If you have a topic that you think would be good for the Elementary Stamp Series and can be discussed in a 30-minute time period. Please email Kristin at Kristin_email@yahoo.com with your ideas.
Included in this monthly news eBlast are the upcoming Sequoia Stamp Club activities and area stamp shows. 2013 Schedule:
- Apr 9 – Getting the Most from Attending WESTPEX Stamp Show by Kristin Patterson
- Apr 19-21: Santa Clara Coin, Stamp & Collectibles Show, Santa Clara Convention Center
- Apr 23 – APRL Delivers—To Your Mailbox and Your Inbox by Tara Murray, APRL Director of Information Services /Librarian
- Apr 26-28: WESTPEX Stamp Show, Marriott Waterfront, Burlingame
- May 14 – Western Philatelic Library benefit auction
- May 28 – Minerals on Stamps by Don Windeler. [6:00 pm: Governing Board meeting, open to all members.]
See you all at PENPEX 2013 on December 7 and 8.
Kristin Patterson, PENPEX Chair, email@example.com