December 1, PENPEX Stamp Show will open its doors at 10 am for attendees to visit 19 stamp dealers, view 66 frames of exhibits, bid on over 500 silent auction lots, bring their children to the Youth Stamp Area for fun activities, and talk with philatelic friends. The show is open Saturday, Dec. 1 from 10 am to 5:30 pm and Sunday, Dec. 2 from 10 am to 4 pm at the Redwood City Community Activities Building.
There are plenty of things to do:
- This year PENPEX has two show themes. First, the commemoration of the Girl Scouts of the United States of America Centennial. Second, a Joltin’ Joe DiMaggio cachet is available. On Saturday, PENPEX will have a special Girl Scout cancel and on Sunday a special Baseball All-Stars cancel. Matching stamps and cachets are available for sale at the Table #16.
- There are 19 dealers including the United States Postal Service.
- The exhibit area has 66 frames of exquisite material including 1-frame of Sequoia Stamp Club members’ 1-page exhibits. A professional panel of judges will award ribbons and prizes at the Awards Banquet on Saturday evening at Harry Hofbrau.
- A Silent Auction will be open for viewing throughout the show. It will end promptly on Sunday at 2:30 pm. High bidders may collect their items at 3:45 pm.
- Enjoy the food, refreshments, and beverages with fellow collectors. The snack bar is open Sat. 10 – 3pm and Sun. 10 – 2pm.
- Check the schedule for group meetings that may be of interest to you. They are all open to the public.
- Hey Kids!!! There is plenty for you to do. Make sure to visit the Youth Area at the far West end of the building for free stamps to all young collectors.
On behalf of the sponsoring club, Sequoia Stamp Club, and the Redwood City Community Activities Building, we thank you for attending our show, sharing your camaraderie, and furthering the hobby of stamp collecting.