Since the first two PENPEX-PIPEX shows were huge successes, Edward G. Rosen and Charmion G. Woolfe continued to chair the show on December 3-4, 1977 with the help of the Peninsula Chapter – Society of Israel Philatelists, Sequoia Stamp Club, and the Redwood City Recreation Department.
The exhibit area had 48 exhibit frames of 12 pages each. The judges for the show were Frank M. Holly and Cy Thompson. The awards given to winning exhibitors were plated oval trays like the silver plate shown below.
A complete History of PENPEX exhibit will be on display at PENPEX 2011 on December 3 and 4 at the Community Activity Building, 1400 Roosevelt Avenue, Redwood City. The stamp show is free and open to the public.