Nine years after the first PENPEX stamp show, the second show was held November 12 and 13, 1960 at the same venue, Burlingame Recreation Center. Show hours were Saturday 10:00 am to 10:00 pm and Sunday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Three organizations sponsored the show: Palo Alto Philatelic Society, Peninsula Stamp Club (Burlingame), and Sequoia Stamp Club (Redwood City). The committee members consisted of Leonard E. Joesten, secretary; William R. Moll, transportation; LaVerne Schnur, treasurer; Juliette G. Stauffer, special events; Robert W. Stauffer, program; Chair Cyrus R. Thompson; Josephine B. Thompson, recorder; Lloyd Y. Turnell, exhibits; Emil Wachter, registration; Richard Wolffers, bourse; and Bror E. Youngstrom, cachets.
Over 150 frames of 4 pages each were on display. The entry fee was 75¢ per frame for adults and 25¢ per frame for juniors under 16 years of age. The jury consisted of David Gallagher, John W. Wickland, and William Hank Condon.
An auction was held on Sunday at 1:00 pm by WESTPEX. Thousands of clean stamps were donated by the members of Council of Northern California Philatelic Society clubs for use in the “fish pond” with all proceeds going to the Guide Dogs for the Blind in San Rafael.
A complete History of PENPEX exhibit will be on display at PENPEX 2011 on December 3 and 4 at the Community Activity Building, 1400 Roosevelt Avenue, Redwood City. The stamp show is free and open to the public.